Wednesday, August 02, 2006


I gotta tell ya, I'm kind of excited by this one, and Dana likes it too. Actually, I'm excited by the direction this one took. I worked on it longer than I had first planned on, but I'm pleased with the result, and what's more, I'm pleased to come back and pick up where I left off on this one. I may come back and paint a larger piece in this same style. Originally, I thought what a huge departure this was from my newer stuff, but upon further reflection, I think it's a lot closer to my stuff when I first made the leap from my organic paintings with all the "squigglies" to the more linear style that is seen in my work since. This jewel is 5x7, acrylic on wood. I won't have any postcards up for the rest of the week, because we're headed to NY for a wedding. Why the hell am I telling you that? I guess I feel guilty already about missing thursday and friday.
SOLD

No comments: