Friday, August 25, 2006


I love talking with my Dad. Now, don't get me wrong. I love talking with my Mom too, absolutely, but I bring this up because my Dad is also an artist. One hell of a good one too, I might add, although you'd never know it because he doesn't show his stuff anywhere, to anyone, except family. But that's a story for another posting some other time. So I was talking with my Dad today when we got on the subject of this blog of mine. Dad reminded me of how little children paint, with no reference to things like composition, perspective, nothing, it's just very free-flowing, and loose. My Dad is very loose when he sketches, and so, I'm taking a page from his book today. A masterpiece? Hardly, but I think I moved into the direction of freeing up my stuff. This piece seems to me to be a little more open and airy. But what do I know? it's not my job to judge the shit, just to keep on doing it. Right Dad?

1 comment:

Jeff Bowser said...

Mary! I just emailed you. Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot coming from you.