Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Blue Stairs"
20"x24"
Mixed media on stretched canvas

Finally, a piece completed. In fact, I've got a few pieces that I finished last week. This is the first. I'm getting back to using more blue. It's my favorite color, too, so it's good to have it back. I've missed using it.

I've read somewhere that it's rare to dream in color.... not sure if it's true or not. I dream in color, and sometimes, rarely, I paint in my dreams. It's usually a precursor of a prolific period for me. In these periods, I seem to get more introverted and more reflective. In the dreams, I don't necessarily see myself actually in the act of painting, (although sometimes I do), more often than not, I'm just sitting at my easel, staring at a painting. Two nights ago I had such a dream. It was so basic; lots of texture, square piece, phthalo blue, cream, overlaid with a tan wash, and a horizontal line of burnt umber. I'm hoping to work on that painting tomorrow if all goes well.

2 comments:

Austin Maloney said...

Interesting.

Jeff Bowser said...

thanks... I think.