Monday, June 23, 2008



"Hidden" 
15" x  21.5"
Mixed media on wood
SOLD

You may be saying to yourself, "Self, this piece looks familiar", and you'd be right.  I completed it a while ago, then put it aside, but I was never really happy with it.  I recently was putting together my show for saturday night, and picked it up, and reworked it a bit, adding some burlap, and about 3 layers of texture and gauze.  I'm glad I did, as I sold it during the show.  

The show was a success!  I can't tell you how unnerving it was to be there, with a DJ, food, wine, and lots of people, just to hang out, escape the heat (it's been ridiculously hot here lately), and see my stuff.  All in all, I sold 4 pieces, one of which was quite large.  I will post it probably tomorrow or later this week.   We had some dear friends from out of town staying with us over the weekend, and they really helped put the show together with flowers, the arrangement of the room, etc.  Sure, I hung the pieces, but the two good friends, and my wife, D  did all the heavy lifting.   Without them, the show wouldn't have been half of what it ended up being.  I had so many friends, clients, friends OF clients there... hell,  even a clown  showed up.  No really.  There was a clown at my show.  No, I didn't plan for it, it was a friend I do improv with who does clowning sometimes, who came directly from a job to the show.  Let me tell you, when a clown that tops out at six and a half feet shows up in a small gallery, it turns a few heads.  

Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased for you - well deserved success. Love the clown turning up :-)