Monday, August 18, 2008


"Harmony in Blue #2"
30"x30"
Acrylic on canvas

This is the second piece in the "Harmony in Blue" series.  I need to put a quick layer of gloss varnish on it, just to even it out a bit.  When I  started doing this series, based on the "Variations" series, which is oil, I had a challenge in trying to replicate the technique and effect. The pigment in the former, was mixed with wax; which is how I got the desired effect.    I found that if I mixed the acrylic paint on the "Harmony" series with gloss extra heavy gel, that it was too buttery, but if I mixed it with matte extra heavy gel,  the consistency more closely matched that of the oil-based series.  Because of that, there are both glossy, and matte areas on the finished "Harmony" pieces which need to be evened out.  


No comments: