Thursday, February 12, 2009


WORK IN PROGRESS
54"x36 Triptych
Mixed media on stretched canvas

So, here is the piece that I've been working on lately.  I began it 6 months ago, then put it aside, just not feelin' it.  I've been working on it for a couple of weeks now, along with the commission I got over the holiday.  I will post a photo of the commission tomorrow.

This piece brings back the boxes, and the feeling of something emerging.  I'm using jute, gauze, gels, and some texture mediums as well.  Since this photo was taken, I've worked the top square, (brown one) a bit more, making it pop more, bringing some shading into the bottom of the box.  It is difficult to see on the photo, but the boxes are made by single strands of jute pulled taught.  I like the effect the single strands have, and in the future may employ more weaving techniques.  

2 comments:

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Me want...
xo

Sadia said...

This is beautiful! and I love the textures you confer.