Tuesday, January 16, 2007



Untitled abstract with green and magenta
5"x7"

So this is a piece I began yesterday and it didn't start off as dark as this. Not that there's anything wrong with darker paintings, but I've just tried to make a "move towards the light" as that woman said in "Poltergeist" so many years ago. "Carol Ann, there is peace and serenity in the light!" Tangent. Anyway, the piece began lighter and ended with what you see here. I worked on a commission yesterday and spent 4+ hours writing names of fallen soldiers on canvas. Needless to say, when I finished with that project for the day, I didn't feel like picking this piece up again. Until today. And there you have it.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

You are a natural colorist, Jeff. These little paintings look as if they should be 6 feet or more. Now that would be really something fantastic, don't you think?

Jeff Bowser said...

Thank you so much, Martha. "Natural Colorist"? You're too kind. Usually I am working much larger...into the 6 foot range sometimes. These postcard paintings are quite challenging for me. I'm LOVING the Marsh Series of yours. I'm especially drawn to "Orange Sky". Beautiful work, Martha.