Thursday, March 06, 2008

No painting to post today.  I continued work on a diptych for my upcoming show in June.  I need to really bust my butt to get about 10-15 paintings finished for that show.  Today I did a bit of work on the diptych, and then I reorganized a bit.  I pulled all my paints, brushes, additives etc. out of the wood boxes I kept them in, and put them on a wheeled cart I use in the garage studio.  Now I can actually SEE all my stuff laid out in front of me.  It doesn't sound like much, but I'm a bit of a neat freak, and to be organized really helps me focus.  I think it was an unconscious (subconscious?) way of getting down to business for that show.  It also occurred to me that I need to do some larger work for that show, at least one of about 5 or 6 feet to kind of anchor it.

I hope to finish the diptych by the end of next week.  
 

No comments: