Friday, March 28, 2008

UNAVAILABLE
"Hidden"
15" x 20.5"
Mixed media on wood

Comparatively speaking, this is a small piece.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I painted a jewel.  I've been working on larger pieces for the show coming up in June.  I feel like I'm behind.  I've been putting a lot of hours in at the easel lately, and I think that that along with my sinus infection , has caused me to feel a little spent.    

We received sad news yesterday.  There was an unexpected death in the family.  D's Uncle, Bruce.  He was an artist, and one hell of one at that.  I was lucky to have met him on our honeymoon in Italy.  As a wedding gift he let us choose an oil pastel drawing.  What a great day that was... the dogs Lampo and Luna were there, along with  Principe Nero, their cat.  All of them were trying to "help" us.   We pulled out all sorts of  treasures from his studio, setting them all out in the backyard to look at.  Then came the hard part, trying to pick just one.   

He was one hell of an artist.




No comments: